Approved by the Ministry of Education, P.R. China, Chongqing Normal University (hereafter as CNU) enrolls overseas students every year. Short-term programs are available year around. There are two semesters for both long-term training and degree programs students (Fall semester: September to January; Spring Semester: February to July). Students who want to study at CNU should apply at least one month in advance.
Ⅰ. Length of the Programs:
1. Short-Term Training Programs: 2 to 10 weeks.
2. Long-Term Training Programs: one semester to two semesters.
3. Bachelor programs: 4 years.
4. Master programs: 2-3 years.
5. Doctor programs: 3 years
1. Applicants for Long-term and Short-term Training Programs
Age: Between 18 and 50, in sound health.
2. Applicants for Bachelor Program
Age: Between 18 and 25.
Language Proficiency: A certified high school diploma for bachelor’s degree applicants is required, having achieved the required level of New HSK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) level 4 or above.
3. Applicants for Master program
Age: Between 18 and 35.
Requirements: A certified bachelor degree for Master’s degree applicants is required; two letters of recommendation by associate professors or professors (original copy or scanned copy), having achieved the required level of New HSK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) level 5 or above.
4. Applicants for Doctor Program
Age: under 40.
Requirements: A certified master degree for Doctor’s degree applicants is required; two letters of recommendation by associate professors or professors (original copy or scanned copy), having achieved the required level of New HSK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) level 5 or above.
1. Applicants should submit the applications at least two months before the new semester starts.
2. The entry requirements for project students shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant project agreement stipulations
Ⅲ. Application Procedures:
1. Applicants shall contact the International Students Office, at Chongqing Normal University or visit its official website (http://international.cqnu.edu.cn) to acquire the enrollment information.
2. Applicants should Log in to the website of Chongqing Normal University, register in the “International Students Management system of Chongqing Normal University" (http://foreignstudent.cqnu.edu.cn) and submit the required materials.
3. Send the application materials
All the application documents should be printed and send to International Office of Chongqing Normal University. Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
4. After approval of all the documents, the International Students Office will send Admission Notice and Visa Application Form to the applicants, with which the applicants shall go to the Chinese embassy or consulate for an X Visa (students’ Visa).
5. Applicants shall come to the International Students Office of CNU for registering on the required date and hand in all the necessary documents for admission. The documents needed are Admission Notice, Passport, JW202 Form, Physical Examination Record for Foreigners, 4 one-inch passport pictures. All tuition fees must be paid before the semester begins.
6. Overseas students who transfer from another Chinese University to Chongqing Normal University shall finish the Application Form for Admission and send the form, a transferring certificate by the previous school, and other required application documents to the International Students Office, Chongqing Normal University.
Ⅳ Application Materials
1. Chongqing Normal University Application form
2. Highest diploma attained or proof of study (notarized photocopy).Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
3. Transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy).
4. Study plan (written in Chinese or English).
5. Two letters of recommendation. Applicants for master/doctor degree shall provide two letters of recommendation by associate professors or professors.
6. HSK and HSKK copy (bachelor applicants are required HSK4 copy, Master /Doctor applicants are required HSK5 copy)
7.Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (for applicants who are currently not studying at Chongqing Normal University) completed Physical Examination Form for Foreigners (available at http://international.cqnu.edu.cn) together with the original copy (lab copy of AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases, type B Hepatitis and X-ray) of the health examination from hospitals with red stamp.
8. Copy of passport.
9. No criminal record certification.
10. Bank deposit certificate (no less than 25,000 RMB)
Ⅴ. Reception Service
Ⅶ. Completion of Education and Graduation